Friday, January 14, 2011

A Friendship in the Making


It's been a tiring day. I've had moments of wanting to pull my hair out, and I did not get as much accomplished as I would have liked. Now that they are both fast asleep, I can also say that my kiddos bring me much joy.



As we were driving home from another errand tonight, I said, "Scott, it's been a long day!" He replied, "Do you need a nap, Mom?" (Any sentence he ends with "Mom" still cracks me up. It's so strange hearing my little baby call me mom!) Yes...a nap for either Scott or myself would have been welcomed today!



As mentioned before, he and Natalie are starting to have so much fun together. I was giving her a bath last night and she was kicking so hard. Scott was sitting in the splash zone watching and was laughing each time he got splashed. This in turn, caused her to laugh and kick and splash all the more. It was fun to see them getting so much delight from one another. In the picture below, it was Scott's idea for them BOTH to wear animal hats and get their picture taken together.


Tonight, I found Scott (poorly) attempting to get Natalie out of her exersaucer. He had set up some baby toys in his tent and wanted Natalie to come in and play. I put her down and she immediately took off crawling toward Scott's voice. He was saying, "Come in here, honey!" She made it in the tent which caused loud squeals of delight from each of them. Then, Scott handed her the toys he had chosen for her, and commanded, "Say thank you, Natalie!" Unfortunately, she had discovered a floor vent in Scott's tent and could care less about the baby toys.



Then, right before bed, he asked me to sit on the couch next to him. I was holding Natalie and came and sat down by him. He scooted close and held Natalie's hand.



So...tomorrow...when I'm at my wit's end and am ready to pull my hair out again...I'm going to sit down and read this post and be reminded of sweetness. :)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it so fun watching your children become friends? :) It definitely helps get through the "pull your hair moments" when you have times like this. Definitely nothing more exhausting or rewarding than being a mom. You are doing an incredible job. When can we be neighbors again?!?! (Karee) :)

    ReplyDelete