Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lessons Learned Back on Campus


CHEESE!



A couple of dear friends and I got together back at Cedarville this past week. I hadn't been back on campus for several years. Surprisingly, I learned a lot during my brief visit. (Warning: This post isn't very interesting to the average reader and may have been written more for myself.)

1. I am SO thankful to my parents for enabling me to go to Cedarville. I have not thanked them enough for the sacrifice that they made so that I could go there, but I cherish my time there and am so grateful for those life-changing four years. (I am also very thankful for the wonderful baby-sitting that they provided on Friday so that I could get away for the day.)

2. God blessed with me with such sweet, sweet friends while I was at Cedarville. I love them so much! Those bonds will not be easily broken.

3. Although it was my desire to find a husband while at CU, God had much better plans (surprise, surprise). Jon is my best friend, and I am so happy to be married to him. I've been listening to the song "Lead Me" by Sanctus Real, and Jon does just that. He leads our family, as he is being led by the Lord. I'm thankful that I did not find someone at Cedarville, and instead get to be Jon's wife!

4. I would love to be able to send Scott and Natalie to Cedarville or another Christian college someday. They were definitely on my mind a lot during the visit as I pictured sending them to Cedarville. They are growing up so fast, and the time will come before I'm ready...

5. Because of my desire stated above, I should get a job to fund such a dream. But...

6. I'm not sure I want to be a nurse. Visiting the nursing building today brought back butterflies in my stomach. Sterile technique, mock codes, skill validation, ugh... I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.

7. During the past month or so of cabin fever, I had started to get restless and contemplate getting a part time nursing job. I saw a job posted for only two days a week with 12 hour shifts. While on my Cedarville mini-reunion, I was gone from my kiddos for about 12 hours. It seemed like a very long time. While the break was lovely, I missed them and am certainly not ready to be away from them for that long twice a week.

Okay...enough lessons for now...
It was an enlightening visit.


This picture makes me smile because they each turned in the opposite direction just a split second too soon.
Better!

No comments:

Post a Comment