Sunday, October 6, 2013

Lord, I Lift Your Name on High

Last week at church, the children performed "Lord, I Lift Your Name on High" for the congregation.  Scott and Natalie took it upon themselves to practice this over and over...and over.  They drug their little CD player around the house and practiced upstairs, downstairs, standing on furniture, in the van...everywhere, all the time!  They had one volume too...LOUD!  (And to think...I used to like that song.)

The big performance came and went last Sunday.  They mumbled the words on stage, did the tiniest of motions, and were relieved to be done.  Afterall, let's not forget who their parents are.  :)  However, since then, the show has continued in full force at home.  

Even little Kate has this song memorized!  As soon as it comes on, her arms go up in the air.  We were driving home the other day, listening to the song (what else?!), and I turned to look to see if exhausted Kate was asleep yet.  Nope.  Her arms were raised as she watched Scott and Natalie do their motions.  

Here she is lifting His name on high...



She's already asking for a spot on stage next time around!:)  I think our CD might accidentally get lost this week and perhaps I'll teach everyone a new song.  "What a Friend We Have in Jesus," anyone?

1 comment:

  1. How cute is that?!? I can't believe Kate is walking already...I mean, I know she turns a year this month, but still. That went so fast!!!!

    ReplyDelete