Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Time for an Update, Time for an Update...(sang to the Doc McStuffins Time for a Check-up Tune)

Jon and I finally got smart phones.  I've loved having the camera and the ability to type in the kids' quips into my phone as soon as they say them.  However, getting them onto the computer in blog form has been a harder task.  Here goes...
We took a trip to the museum just after Christmas.  It was one of Scott's big requests to do while on break.   When asked what part he was most looking forward to, he said that he couldn't wait to go in the elevator.  That was sure one expensive elevator ride.  We ended up buying a year's membership so that we can partake in such fun again soon.
Scott bought Natalie a ring from the school's Holiday Shop prior to Christmas and was so excited for her to open it.  When she opened it on Christmas morning, Scott excitedly said, "So when you get married, you won't need to buy one.  AND...it only cost $4 and it usually costs like $100, so I'm saving you a lot of money!

Natalie:  Well...that's nice!
The kids continue to play "God's Best Church" multiple times a week- sermons, singing, interpretive dancing and all!  It delights my heart to hear them say, "Let's have a GBC service!" and then run downstairs and start practicing.  They belt out praise songs and tell different Bible stories.  I must admit that the services do run a bit on the long side, so I sometimes cringe inside when I get invited (yet again!).  However, these are certainly memories I'm sure I will cherish someday. 
Me:  What's Daddy's job?  What does he do?

Kate:  I don't know. What?


Me:  He drives around in a....?

Kate:  Gator!
 A lesson in shoe tying...can't we just wear velcro forever?
 This girl never does this anymore, so I just had to get a picture. 
And as usual, the dressing to go out in the snow takes much longer than the actual playtime in the snow.
 The gator saves the day again!:)  Scott was thrilled that they needed to get it out. 
Scott:  Did they have electricity when you were born?


Natalie's been wreaking havoc on any new year's resolution healthy eating plans.  She keeps wanting to check out cookie and cupcake books from the library.  It's hard to think about lettuce when I keep picking up treat books!
Kate had scooted a chair over to her dresser and was climbing up when I caught her.  She said, "I found something to do that's not dangerous."

Ready for spring already...  :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Children - they are just hilarious and crazy! So glad you got a smart phone too. Now I just need to text you more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, great pictures, Lindsey! :) Natalie is starting to look so much like you! (Beautiful, of course!!) Maybe you should take Scott to a hospital or the mall so he can ride in the elevators...it's totally free! And what's with the electricity question!?!? Do we look THAT old!?!? :)

    ReplyDelete