Saturday, June 10, 2017

Hello Summer Break!

So long, Second Grade!
 Farewell, First Grade!
Welcome Home, Playmates!!!
Both kiddos got all A's this year and earned special reading awards.  They ended the year with fun field trips to the zoo and museum, so Kate and I had to venture out to Chuck E. Cheese for an end of the year "homeschool" field trip.  I sure hope she outgrows that place soon. 
The kids have been SO excited about swim lessons, but unfortunately it hasn't happened yet.  We keep showing up- all suited up to swim- only to find out that they are cancelled for one reason or another.  One day, the disappointed swimmers came home and did this instead.  Not my idea, but hey...desperate times call for desperate measures. 
 There ARE other fun things to do besides swim lessons, such as playgrounds...
and bubbles...
and free coupons to redeem at Monkey Joe's...just to name a few!:) 
So far, so good!  (Minus the summer learning packets that their teachers sent home for completion throughout the summer.  One child is NOT a fan of summer learning.  He has asked/instructed me several times to leave the packet at home when we go on our vacation!  Fair enough.  Although I may slip some flashcards in his suitcase.)  

1 comment:

  1. I love that the kids went swimming in the bathtub!!! Cracks me up! :)

    ReplyDelete