Friday, November 3, 2017

Left. Left. Left, Right, Left.

We took advantage of the beautiful weather that we had over break and hiked at a state park.  We had attempted some hiking this summer on our West Trip, and it didn't go wonderfully, so we weren't sure what to expect.  However, everyone (KATE) held up well and no one (KATE) needed to be carried for very long.  It was actually...fun!:) 
The leaves were still pretty green.  It's been a strange fall in the weather department.
At one point, I heard another family on the trail talking.  The dad was telling his child that if "that little girl" (Kate) could do it, then surely his older son could too.  After they passed, I told Kate this story, and she held her head high and seemed to get a second wind.  (And she asked me to tell her that story again a couple more times while we were hiking.)
Natalie was the trail marker spotter and stopped to trace each number with her finger. 
"Go slow, hold on tight, watch your step, be careful!" said the mom who can't help herself.
Jon had filled a canteen before we left, and we all kind of turned up our noses at it.  About halfway through though, Jon pulled out the water and he had five takers!  Thankful we had an experienced hiker guy with us!:)  
Likewise, I packed some cookies in the van for our trip home.  Not surprisingly, I had five takers, as well. :)  Good thing we have an experienced cookie lady in the family!  Perhaps I should increase the hiking and decrease the cookie consumption, but that's a better topic saved for a January 1st post.  Heave ho!

1 comment:

  1. You guys got some great photos on this hiking adventure!! I should bring you with us the next time we go hiking...I'm always too out of breath and too busy watching for stray snakes to stop and take pictures.
    I love Kate's second wind story...that's pretty adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete