*Kate was counting her coins and asked, "Do you think I have enough money yet for a car?"
I humored her and asked, "Well, what kind of car do you want- a new car or a used car?"
She shrugged and said, "A used one would be fine."
Keep saving, Sweetie. :)
*Awhile back, I was describing our hair color to the girls as dirty blonde. Natalie was very offended by this color description. Scott thought it was hilarious!
Yesterday, Kate was seriously trying to describe someone and said the girl had stinky blonde hair. Ha!
*Playing UNO with her dolls is fun, but playing UNO with Grammy is the best!
*Natalie and I had fun at a church Sunday School party! Bonus points- we haven't killed the potted plant yet!
*Last weekend, we went to a dog show! We didn't know what to expect, but it was fun to see so many different dog breeds all in one spot. The golden retrievers were so adorable!
Scott did a report on Alaskan Malamutes earlier in the school year, so it was fun to see them up close, too!
A year ago, Natalie was TERRIFIED of dogs. She's come a long way and has now joined in on the lobbying for a puppy.
Kate could ride the Saint Bernards. SO BIG!
After seeing many dogs, the golden retrievers ended up being our favorite and the ones that we kept returning to watch. Make some room kitties...a dog may be in our future...time will tell.
*The girls still think matching dresses are the best, but size mix-ups may happen every now and then. Oops!
*So we are only a few days into it, but I'm trying a new experiment. I've taped a $1 bill onto each of the kids' doors. If they keep their room picked up all week, they get to keep the dollar. Each night at 7:00, I do an "inspection" and can take their $1 bill if their room is a mess. SO FAR, I'm very impressed with the results. The kids are super motivated and are nervous Mean Mom is going to take their money. Tech-savvy Scott even set up a reoccurring alarm to go off each evening at 6:40 as a reminder to clean his room before inspection time. Tonight I was pleasantly surprised; they were all engrossed in a television show when Scott's alarm went off. He immediately paused the show, alerted the others, and all three kids RAN to their rooms to tidy up. Wowzers! Who knew?!
Summer Snapshot
13 years ago
What a great idea for keeping the kids' rooms clean! I'll have to remember that for a few years down the road...
ReplyDelete