Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Officially Underway...

A fourth grader, third grader, and kindergartner- who would have thought this day would come?!:)  Kate has been counting down to this day with much anticipation for a loooong time.  She was so excited to head off to school.
It seemed extra hard this year dropping ALL three kids off.  They did great- it was only me who had issues.  Unexpectedly, my cat came up and jumped up on my lap as soon as I got home from dropping them off.  It was Piper's way of saying, "You can still love on me!"  Thanks, Piper!:) 
A few weeks ago, I overheard this sweet conversation between the girls: 

Kate:  I'm big now and can ride without training wheels and I'm going to kindergarten.

Natalie:  I know, Kate. Soon you're gonna be driving your car off to college. 

(This was actually running through my head on my drive home this morning.  Thanks a lot, Natalie!)
On a similar note, Scott was telling me last week that he couldn't believe Kate was about to start kindergarten.  Like a proud old man he said, "I remember the day she was born."  I guess we all were getting sentimental. 
My stomach was in knots most of the day- just anxious to hear how things went.  Jon and I have joked for a long time now that we would have a Mountain Dew to celebrate August 8th.  When the kids would ask us what we were going to do when they all went back to school, I have been telling them, "Drink a Mountain Dew."  We have switched to boring water-only people and haven't allowed ourselves to Do the Dew now for over a year.  

So...lunchtime rolled around today, and my highly anticipated Mountain Dew didn't even sound that tempting anymore.  Jon wasn't even that excited about having one either.  However, he's not one to change plans easily and he said, "Well, we've talked about it for so long now, we've got to do it."  So with guilty grins, we filled up our cups with Mountain Dew- a celebratory drink to our kids returning to school. 
(Ignore the glass- CLEAN PAWPRINTS OFF OF GLASS is on my "do when the kids return to school" list...maybe.) 
Before long, it was time to pick up the kiddos and get a full report.  Kate didn't disappoint me with details, and all three kids competed to get in words on our drive home from school. 

Here were a few of my favorites from Kate:  

(First words out of Kate's mouth and said with huge eyes)-  "A boy in my class had to go to the principal's office, and he sits RIGHT next to me!"  

(She then proceeded to tell us many more hilarious stories about all of the "bad" things this kid did.  I have a feeling I'll be hearing his name a lot this year!:)

"I made three new friends today, but they didn't tell me their names."

"I had to have quiet time, and it was just wasting minutes of school."

"I love school, but it was a little bit long."  

All in all, Scott, Natalie, & Kate enjoyed their first days and had many positives things to say.  I think it's going to be a great year!
(By the way- in case you're wondering- the Mountain Dew tasted SO good!:)  Back to water though until next year.  Perhaps by then, I will have this all three kids in school thing under my belt and will be able to enjoy my sugary rush a bit more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment