Over the past couple of years, I have had some "success" with selling things on Craigslist. I'd buy the kids a riding toy at a garage sale for $10, let them play with it for a few weeks until it got pushed aside, and then turn around and sell it for $30. I was having fun with it, and considered it kind of like a game. One day this fall, I was selling some Duplos on Craigslist...doing kind of the same thing. (Bought for cheap at a garage sale, sold for $40 on Craigslist, was happy with myself.) However, during this sale, I learned that the person was driving from Ohio to get these. Odd for some silly old duplos, I thought. Later, I researched them to find that they were worth about $300 on ebay. This motivated me to figure out this ebay game, so that I could transition to the next level of selling. :)
With the help of a couple of wonderful ladies from church, I began selling some items just to see how things went. I was surprised at how much people were willing to pay for my junk!:) I've been doing it for the past three months now, and my little fund is growing. My goal is to raise enough money to offset the cost of sending Scott to another year at the Christian school. So far, so good, and sooo fun!
Check out some of the crazy things people are buying...
Dillo Dust Seasoning- $34.33 + shipping. (This is a freebie that is thrown into Jon's packages sometimes when he makes an order from Larue Tactical. We've thrown away this in the past since we were getting too much of it and didn't really use it. When I heard that this was selling on ebay, I gave it a shot and was pleasantly surprised. I rummaged through the pantry and found 3 unopened containers of it. Cha-ching!
Miniature Bob the Builder Machines- Slightly larger than a quarter in size- $36.99 + shipping- I bought two sets at a garage sale this summer in a little Ziplock baggie. These cost me $1.00, and the lady who bought them paid over $40 for them. WOW! Have any Bob the Builder things at your house?!
Bravo Company hat- Bidding just begun on this item, so you still have time to get in on the action! However, we're already up to $10.00 + shipping (We took a STACK of unused LaRue & BCM hats to Goodwill last year. Once again, these are a freebie that Jon gets with his orders. Who knew people would pay good money for them?)
I could go on, but I'll spare you. :) Like I've said, I'm just surprised at what people will pay for things. Last week, I was pleased with what I got from selling a couple pairs of scrub pants. Think if I sell all of my scrubs I could just help to support our family through ebay instead of ever returning to nursing?!:) Hmmm...
We do kind of have a new joke going in our house. The kids know that I take pictures of things that I am trying to sell. So a few times lately, when they've heard the camera turn on, they (Natalie) have come running saying, "MOMMY! DON'T SELL IT!" (Before they even see what junk I'm selling.) I keep threatening to put them on ebay, especially when scenes like this keep unfolding. Oh, I know, I know. Priceless, right?
Is it spring yet?!
Wow that is awesome! I sold books on Amazon for a while and did pretty well but it just took up too much time but I really loved it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun endeavor!! I'm excited that you're getting into ebay-ing! I wish I could do that, too...you'll have to teach me sometime. :)
ReplyDelete