After coming off a tragic weekend, it was extra special to be able to get away as a family for our first little night away from home. We are so thankful for the Lord's protection as Jon was only seconds/steps away from the highly publicized death of his fellow police officer. Our hearts hurt for the family, and we pray that people come to know Christ through this terrible circumstance. We can trust in God's sovereignty and know that there is no safer place than being in the center of His will. As for now, we believe that this is where Jon should be working and what he should be doing. We are dependent on the Lord and appreciate your prayers for safety anytime Jon comes to mind.
Kate donned these accessories the morning before we left. She probably heard us saying that the water may be cold, but it wasn't THAT cold Miss Kate!
Scott had been packed for a week and kept asking about the "veeeecation" and his "soupcase". I corrected his pronunciation of these words so many times, until I just accepted it and started calling it the V-cation too. When we first arrived to the beach, the kids were hesitant. The beach was crowded, everything was new, and the water seemed cold when it rushed over their toes. Scott looked around and said to himself in a monotone voice (kind of like a pep talk), "We drove all the way here for this." :)
It didn't take too long however before everyone warmed up, and we were having fun! Kate was WILD and had no fear (after her initial pout on the sidelines). We had to keep a good hold on her because she couldn't get enough splashing and thrashing.
I had always vetoed a vacation thinking the drive would be a whine-fest and the hotel would be like pulling an all-nighter. However, the kids did great. We tried to time to drive during Kate's naps, but she only slept 45 minutes total. Instead she ate her toes, made siren noises, and looked out the window. Who knew?! While it did take the kids a bit longer to fall asleep at the hotel, they DID sleep well and loved the experience. Scott was sooo looking forward to the waffle maker. (I'm not going to tell him that we own one but never use it!)
Perhaps we should get out more often...
Wow, I did not realize Jon was that close. I'm glad he was protected.
ReplyDeleteAlso, the kids - so cute on the beach!d I'm so glad you had a good vacation.