The kids have been noticing the Halloween decorations as we drive around. One day, Kate piped up, "It's getting close to Halloween. But we just celebrate pumpkins." :) I'm guessing she learned that from Natalie.
Jon has had the opportunity to work at the gun range the past month. It's been great for me as I don't feel the need to check the local news as often to see who has been shot/where it happened. (That probably sounds harsh.) Anyway, part of the month he has also been on day shift! We thought that this would be wonderful, but it's been a bit of an adjustment. After battling through homework and bedtime one night, Jon told me that perhaps being home in the evenings was overrated!:) I, likewise, have had to get my act together in the morning and drive the kids to school. (Something Jon normally does.) Some days, it has gone beautifully. As pictured below, Natalie is ready for school extra early and is using the time to read. Glorious day!
However, more often than I'd care to admit, our mornings have looked more like this...ten minutes til leaving time...all kids are still in PJs with crazy hair...acting like monkeys...and somebody is crying because they are getting squashed. "JON!!" Oh yeah...he's at work already...it's all me. So, it hasn't been all roses as I had thought it would be. Although it has been a nice change of pace and something I could see us all enjoying down the road.
Honey Bee Farm Field Trip!
(Jon stops reading these posts if they get too long....SOOOO...to be continued!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment